AnjiPlay World and WestEd Center for Child & Family Studies present the first in depth introduction to the principles and practices of AnjiPlay offered outside of China.
- Cheng (Angela) Xueqin, Director, Office of Pre-Primary Education, Anji County Department of Education, Zhejiang Province. Inventor of AnjiPlay. Anji, China
Dai Yi, AnjiPlay School Leader, Anji, China
Dr. Chelsea Bailey, AnjiPlay World/WestEd Center for Child and Family Studies
Cas Holman, Rhode Island School of Design
Dr. Peter Mangione, WestEd Center for Child and Family Studies
Dr. Julie Nicholson, WestEd Center for Child and Family Studies
- Bryce Pickett, Director of AnjiPlay, One City Early Learning Center, Madison, WI
- In-depth and hands-on exploration of the guiding principles of the AnjiPlay approach
- The role of materials, environments, observation practices and technology in AnjiPlay
- Relationships between children, educators, families, schools, and communities in Anji, China
- Active, collegial conversation exploring the application of these ideas in the U.S.
Participants in the three day Summer Institute will receive a certificate of completion issued by WestEd indicating 18 professional growth hours, a founding membership in the online AnjiPlay Educators’ Forum and join a global community of True Play advocates, practitioners and leaders.
On-campus lodging in air-conditioned 3-bedroom townhouse with shared bathroom, livingroom and kitchen (additional fees apply).
Three Day Summer Institute: $550
Saturday Study Session: $160
Lodging: $65 per night
(meals available for purchase on campus)
AnjiPlay is an internationally recognized early-childhood curriculum developed and refined over the past 15 years by educator Ms. Cheng Xueqin of Anji, China. Today, AnjiPlay is the curriculum of the 130 public kindergartens in Anji County, China, serving more than 14,000 children from ages 3-6. Through practices that support self-determined play, and site-specific environments, unique materials and integrated technology, AnjiPlay has established itself as an innovative global leader in early childhood education. With the recent launch of the first AnjiPlay pilot program in the U.S., we are excited to expand the growing community of AnjiPlay educators around the world and share our experiences.